Guiding Light School of Massage Therapy
(641) 472 - 9337
Course 14 ( credit hrs):
Myofascial Release for Foot, Ankle /
Integration of Reflexology foot massage
Date of Instruction: April 29 & 30, 2017
Joy L. Mellum, L.M.T.
Location: Guiding Light School of Massage Therapy
123 North Main
Fairfield, IA 52556
- Offer a new perspective for the treatment of lower leg and foot.
- Review the anatomy of the lower leg and foot
- Introduce myofascial release subtle techniques.
- Indications & Contraindications for myofascial softening and stretching techn.
- Basic Introduction to Reflex points of the feet
- Indications & Contraindication for Reflex points of the feet
- Heat applications to assist blood and oxygen delivery to site
- Gentle unwinding of various tissues to allow for lymph circulation.
- Proper consultation/intake process for application of technique
- Indications/contraindication recognition and who to refer to for assistance
- Correlate the reflex points to areas of the body for assessment
- Safe handling of heated stones and topical products
- SOAP chart review to document treatment
- Joy L. Mellum L.M.T., M.F.R.T.
- Touch of Life School of Massage in Minnesota (Western) & East Wind School of Holistic Healing in Iowa (Eastern).
- Independent Business Owner of Healthy Inspirations Massage Therapy since 1994. Iowa Licensed in 1998.
- Owner, Director and Instructor of Guiding Light School of Massage Therapy, established 2003.
- Trained in John Barnes Myofascial Release Theory & Technique
- Reflexology training at Eastwind School of Massage
Registration for Myofascial Release / Reflexology Concepts
April 29 & 30, 2017
9am – 5:00pm
Please send registration form and payment to:
Guiding Light School of Massage Therapy 123 N. Main, Fairfield IA 52556
Professional Title: _________________________License #______________
e-mail: ______________________________ Phone: ___________________
Course Fee: $275.00
Guiding Light alumni: $225.00
Registration and payment due by April . 14 ,2017
(mastercard, visa, check or cashiers check, money order)
Or Pay pal at address firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Fee includes: Information Booklet
Minimum class size is 3. Maximum class size is 6
If you have any questions please call: (641) 472-9337